Final Blog Post

Technology plays a big role in my life and I would say that I have a pretty close relationship with it. Whether that relationship is toxic or good for me, I'm not sure. I tend to spend some time scrolling through different social media platforms when I'm bored which can turn into endless hours of scrolling and scrolling. Technology is there for me when I'm bored or when I don't feel like thinking. I know I can always log into my favorite app and be distracted for a while. 

My online presence is also something that I think about a lot. As of right now my presence online isn't anything special. I would say that I have an average amount of followers and engagement throughout all of my social media platforms. I have grown up using social media with Twitter being the first social media account I ever made. Social media has changed a lot over the years and me with it. I used to care about how many likes my Instagram posts got or how many re-tweets I had on Twitter. Now I use social media and all technology as a way to escape. I've stopped caring about what people think or how many likes I get and instead have started focusing on posting what makes me happy. 


When someone searches my name on the internet a lot pops up. The first thing that comes up is my Twitter page followed by my Facebook and Pinterest accounts. This allows people to learn a lot about me without doing a lot of digging. People have immediate access to my social media accounts and can learn all about me and my friends and where I have been and what I'm currently doing. If I was applying for a job today I would feel confident in my social media presence and that it represents who I am accurately. 



When it comes to technology and the media keeping me informed I tend to take what I learn with a grain of salt. The media can be very misleading and biased at times. I think as a society we have come to accept this. We are taught to never look at one news story and take it as the truth but instead to do our research and find as many opinions as possible. 
Pinterest Account


Technology has its ups and downs but we can choose how much or how little we let it affect us. 
Technology only does what we tell it to do and sometimes we can be our own worst enemies. We can choose what kind of affect technology and social media has on us. Regardless of how much you use technology it still plays a major role in your life and deciding how big of a role it will play is all part of it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diffusion of Innovations

What I Learned EOTO

EOTO #2